Monday, February 22, 2010

Thrift Store Tins



Happy Monday Everyone. I have a small collection of some unique tins and have been looking for a way to reuse them. I don't like to store items inside as I need my junk visible. These tins are widely available at my local thrift store and very inexpensive. Imagine my surprise when I found this upcycled treasure at Good Will. What a great way to repurpose your favorite or vintage tin and showcase some of your delicate keepsakes. I immediately purchased the tin and have been studying and examining in hopes to eventually craft my own version. I wish I knew who the original creator of this project was, whoever you are wonderful job.

For starters, wadded up paper (like a brown grocery bag) was placed inside the tin and then covered with a heavy weight fabric. The lid was attached and supported with the help of the sturdy paper and heavy weight fabric.



Trim was attached around the outer edge of the tin.



Finally, keepsakes were added such as a ceramic boot, small lace doily, tatting thread, embroidery floss, pocket watch, vintage perfume bottle, buttons and glass beads, lace, tea stained glove and some floral accents.





I hope this gives you the jest of the project and has inspired you to create your own....

Recycle, Reimagine, Repurpose, Reuse...............

Keep On Junking
Nora

1 comment:

  1. hi, i found a link to you from Junk Revolution. this is a great idea for assemblage art; i have lots of tins, and one day i hope to get to make one or three :D
    thanks for sharing,
    kudzu

    www.kudzukween.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments.